Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Study Question #1

I'm originally from North Japan "Fukushima". It is country side. It's cold at winter and hot at summer. Compare the Layout of Tokyo and my own city, Fukushima and Tokyo is very different. First, size of Fukushima and Tokyo is different. Fukushima is much bigger than Tokyo, but the population is less than Tokyo. Everything is different. Most of people use train or bas to go to their work and school, but in Fukushima most of people use bike, car, or walk, because we just have few train in an hour. At the day time nobody use train, so they just have one train for per hour. Most of people use car to go whereever they want, beucause everything is far from eacg place. Also houses are much bigger than Tokyo, because lands are much cheaper than Tokyo. Of cause apartments are cheaper than Tokyo. If we pay 100000yen, we can rent a big apartment for family. I thing living situation is the biggest different layout of Tokyo and my city. Fukushima is very country side, but people are friendly. When I came to Tokyo first time, I felt people in Tokyo, they are not friendly. I still feel the same way. I think people in Tokyo, they are too busy. That is why they cannot care about other people.
I agree with Donald Richie about "impermanence" in Japanese architecture and Tokyo. I live in Tokyo for four years. Even in past four years, Tokyo has been changed. Many old aschitecture has been destroyed and many new architecture has been builded. Tokyo had naver been keeping same view. It changes everyday. There are many constructions everywhere in Tokyo. New buldings attractive for people and many young peole don't attention to old architecture, which are like temple, shirine, etc... I think we can say about "impermanence" to all over the woeld, but especially in Japan, Tokyo. In recent years, Roppongi Hills, Omote sando Hills, and Tokyo Midtown builded. Those buildings changed the view of those places. We cannot see how did that place look in the past. People love to go new places, but I think there are some people who loved that place before the new architedture be built.
Even I can see a lot of negative points of Tokyo, I still love to live in here. I can see a lot of positive points of my home city Fukushima, but I still want to live in Tokyo. I hate crowds, I hate morning train, I harte trafic, I hate unfriendly people...but I prefer to live in Tokyo, more than my home city... because Fukushima is too country and boring!

No comments: