Wednesday, February 28, 2007

About my final project

I was thinking to do my project on OTAKU!

Now OTAKU is one of a big Japanese culture. Otaku's holy place AKIHABARA is near my house. I have to take Sobu-Line from my Nearest JR station and Akihabara is 3 stops away from there.
Otaku means kind of people who addicted to something. In Akihabara there are a lot of Animation Otaku.
As I told you guys in class today, Otaku... they all look same! wear glasses, wear shirt and tuck in their shirt into pants, have big bagpack on the back, and always have paper bags. If you go to Akihabara it is easy to find Otaku.
Otaku, most of them like to stay at home, doing internet, watching animatuions, reading comicbooks etc... they don't like to communicate. But in Otaku community, they communicate a lot on internet.
Otaku, likes to go to Akihabara, because there are many shops of animations. They love girls in animations. They addicted to girls in animation. Thay cannot see real world. One of their favorite place is MAID CAFE. Girls wear maid costume and call customers "GOSHUJIN-SAMA" (means master) . It is like normal cafe, but maid do everything for customers. If they order coffee, they out milk and suger for them. If they order Pasta, they mix pasta and oasta source infront of them. I think most of Otaku don't have any relationship with real girls, so spending time with maid girls is precious time for them.
Between Otaku, they use Otaku Language. "MOE" is one of the mot famous Otaku word. It means cute. There are many Otaku words.


I think it will be very interesting to see Otaku culture. I will do some research on internet about Akihabara and Otaku.
Of course I am going to Akihabara to shooting. I am not sure Otaku will let me to do interviews... but I will try.

No comments: